The 13th General Conference of Chin Students’ Union was successfully held at the Chin Christian Fellowship, New Delhi with more than 50 participants. Chin Communities, NGOs and churches residing in New Delhi were invited to take part and witness the conference. According to the constitution of CSU, general conference must be held annually. The general conference holds the highest authority and has the power to amend the constitution.
The conference was divided into two sections. The first section consisted short speeches from invitees, annual secretary report from Salai Van Hup Thawng, annual financial report form Mai Phoebe and special number (solo) in between. The first section was concluded with prayers from Pastor LC Thang.
In the second section Mai Rosalinn Zahau led the conference with constitution review and the constitution of CSU was reassessed again. Followed by Salai Siang Ceu President of Chin Students’ Union (2013-2014) brief annual report along with his appreciation to all the members for their cooperation throughout the tenure.
Then, Election of Chin Students' Union Central executive committee for the 2014-2015 tenure was successfully conducted with the help of five election commissioners. The chief election commissioner headed the election and the result of the 13th General Election for central executive committee of Chin Students’ Union is as below:-
1. Salai C.Beizachi President
2. Mai Phoebe Biak Nei Tial Vice President
3. Salai Sang Duh Lian General Secretary
4. Salai Boi Uk Asst. Secretary
5. Mai Deborah Hrang Nawl Treasure
6. Salai Van Bawi Thang Finance
7. Salai John Lian Information & Publicity
8. Mai Sui Meng Par Education
9. Salai Siang Ceu Culture & Literature
Mai Rosalinn Zahau
Salai Bawi Hlei Hu
1. Pu Run Sum Sin
2. Pastor Lian Cung Thang
3. Salai Lal Lian Bik
4. Salai Thian Za Thang
5. Pu Van Tung
6. Ms. Aakhu
7. Pu Tin Maung Win
The motto of CSU is “Stand for Chinland”
Aims and objectives
1. To reform a stable Chin Students’ Union in Chin State, Burma
2. To help and elucidate education and social problems of Chin people.
3. Preserving and promoting Chin Literature, Culture and tradition.
4. Advocating on behalf of the people for equality and self- determination in the Union of Burma together with other minority co-founder of the Union.